Resin Flooring Solution in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Kelray were appointed to carry out a flooring refurbishment project to the warehouse area of a linen factory in South Wales.
Click 'view project' to see the full write-up
Kelray rejuvenate a damaged tiled floor into a heavy duty resin flooring
Kelray were asked to provide approximately 1250m² of resin flooring that would withstand high impact and abrasion in a the factory area of a linen factory. The work had to be completed over Christmas during the factory shutdown period.
- Uplifted existing thermoplastic tiles and disposed;
- Carried out asbestos testing to tiles;
- Diamond grinded the flooring area where the tiles were uplifted to remove any adhesive residue;
- Prepared the remainder of the floor with a STR multi-purpose preparation system;
- Applied a coat of AltroTect epoxy floor paint to provide a heavy duty solution.